Matcha can be used in lattes, smoothies and baking.
The idea of a smoothie appealed to me. I had some strawberries and bananas. I put together my own recipe. One banana, 6 large strawberries, a cup of low fat milk and a few teaspoons of sugar or honey. I used a sugar substitute since I am a diabetic, a teaspoon of Matcha, and of course about 2 cups of ice.
I put the ice and milk in the blender and added the fruit and matcha. I blended until smooth and creamy. I poured into glasses and garnished with strawberries. This was our Valentine treat. Watching my weight and sugar intake, this was the perfect dessert. Knowing it was a healthy choice made it that much sweeter. It was delicious and my honey asked for seconds. We have also had this miracle powder as a hot beverage. I just mix a teaspoon in a cup of boiling water, add honey and lemon. It soothes a raw throat and opens your nostrils.
Description on Amazon
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body's metabolism
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
- 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE 110% MoneyBack - If for some reason, you are not satisfied with our Organic Matcha we provide a no-hassle no-questions-asked refund. Yes, we are that devoted to your happiness! :)
When I first got my pouch, I immediately opened it and sprinkled a little bit on my hand and tasted it. It was a bit bitter but tasted like tea. I read the literature which came to me electronically with the product and discovered a plethora of yummy recipe's. I haven't tried them all but I did make my own variation of the smoothie. I shared it with my husband and he loved it. He is usually a pretty picky guy but he actually asked for another "shake". I also decided to try it hot, so I dissolved about a half tsp. in a cup of boiling water, added some lemon and honey and it made a great nightcap which soothed the throat on a cold winter night. I have yet to incorporate it in my baking but I did add some to my salad dressing. Whats nice about this tea is that it has a sweet bouquet and not a strong smell or flavor so it can be combined in just about any recipe undetected, in small amounts. The bright green color does change the color of the food but not in a bad way. I am going to try some "green" cupcakes for St. Patty's day. So, how did it make me feel, and what is the bottom line? I do feel more energetic. Could be my imagination, but I don't think so. My focus is better and by the end of the day, I still have some steam left over. I think that over time, it can make a significant difference. My husband had bronchitis during this sampling period and he has asked me to make him a green tea grog or smoothie every night because it seemed to soothe his coughing. Bottom line is that it is a thumbs up! I would definitely recommend this product .Kiss Me Organics is a great company offering great products for the health conscious.